Translate

lunes, 4 de octubre de 2021

41 Paris Fashion Week Looks That Remind Me Of Literal Sunshine

And just like that, Fashion Month is over. Can you believe it? This season felt like a full-on whirlwind, but Paris Fashion Week S/S22 definitely ended things on a high note. Big designers from Balenciaga to Saint Laurent defended their titles, while newer, on-the-rise brands kept them on their toes. All in all, it was an exciting week that left me with a sunny disposition.

Sunny, of course, because of all the yellow on the runway. The sunshine hue was spotted at Acne Studios, Dior, Chloe, Courreges, Koche and Valentino, solidifying it as a major color trend to watch for 2022. But the shade wasn’t the only thing making me smile!

Jonathan Anderson’s Loewe show was one of my all-time favorites, with a little bit of everything from structural silhouettes to candy-coated red breast plates. There was a lot going on, but pretty much all of it worked. Other standouts for me included Balmain’s play on chain links, Georges Hobeika’s exciting party attire and a blue jacket from Nina Ricci I simply can’t stop thinking about.

Still, I can show you far better than I can tell you. Read on for 41 looks from a very memorable Paris Fashion Week.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Acne Studios

It’s the sheer yellow cardi on top of the sheer yellow set for me. It’s also the bug-eyed glasses.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Andrew Gn

This whole collection gave me “Blair Waldorf goes Gen Z Influencer,” so of course I was into it.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Balenciaga

Balenciaga didn’t wow me, I won’t lie, but this black gown was certainly heavy enough on the drama to please.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Balmain

Balmain, on the other hand, knocked it out of the park. Please note the gold chain link as top!!!

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Balmain

Please don’t make me choose what I love best about this look. I couldn’t possibly decide between the candy-red hue, the use of chains and the extra-puffy sandal styling.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Balmain

This last Balmain look took me back to when it was all Kim K and Kylie Jenner wore back in, like, 2016. In a good way!

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Chloé

The way the trim on this coat coordinates with the yellow knit set puts me over the edge. I need it all, ASAP.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Chloé

This leather patchwork moment screams classic Chloé with a boho twist, as accentuated by the crochet bag and sandals.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Christian Dior

This pop of blue did it for me at Dior. The statement coat worked perfectly against the boardgame-inspired runway designed by Italian artist Anna Paparatti.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Christian Dior

Similar sets came out in a range of saturated hues, but of course, this yellow coat and skirt had my heart.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Coperni

I’ll be honest, this is less about Coperni and more about Paloma. She looks incredible.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Courreges

You may be wondering, “How could another yellow look manage to stand out?” A yellow leather baseball cap, of course.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Elie Saab

This watermelon-inspired colorway at Elie Saab made my mouth water. The hues are downright delicious!

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Givenchy

Givenchy made the most of this futuristic tulle peplum silhouette and honestly? I fully support it.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Hermès

Of all the brands I expected to present the perfect black everyday dress, I was not expecting Hermès. But, here we are!

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Georges Hobeika

Hobeika’s collection was one of my favorites, and this jumpsuit was the first look to stop me in my tracks.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Georges Hobeika

Do I even need to say it? Get Lily Collins in this dress for Emily in Paris, stat.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Georges Hobeika

No, I am genuinely not sure a more perfect mini dress exists. Thanks for asking.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

KOCHE

More head-to-toe yellow, this time a lacy trench with trousers and fresh white kicks.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Lanvin

This dress made me want to dance. From pattern to silhouette to styling, Bravo.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Loewe

Jonathan Anderson made good use of metals for this Loewe show. Simple, yet impactful.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Loewe

This look gives me sailor meets country club prep meets anime warrior, but I couldn’t love it more.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Loewe

I’m obsessed, but I need to know who styled this masterpiece with those high-waisted black undies. I just wanna talk…

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Thebe Magugu

Magugu incorporated real family photos into his designs, resulting in looks that were sentimental and chic.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Issey Miyake

Yeah, of course I love it. It’s Issey Miyake and it’s impeccable. Just look at it.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Nina Ricci

This jacket is absolutely everything to me and I will not rest until it’s in my possession. @Nina Ricci, help.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Paco Rabanne

Really loving the way this look takes on a mixture of print, embellishment and unique silhouettes without feeling overwhelmed. It’s all about balance, people!

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Rami Al Ali

It’s not that it’s anything wildly new or special, but this baby plus dress with pink tulle underlay is undeniably sweet.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Rick Owens

Rick Owens did that. Suddenly, I’m ordering black dishwashing gloves online for research.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Rochas

Can I pair these over-the-top boots with those Rick Owens over-the-top gloves? Rhetorical question; I can and I will.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Rochas

More Rochas goodness, this time with pattern clashing and a very fun stripped metallic frill.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Rokh

Wait, remember what I said about dishwashing gloves earlier? Maybe this trend is for real…

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Rokh

Just when you thought the denim jacket couldn’t possibly be reinvented in a new and exciting way, this look arrives to up the ante.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Saint Laurent

This show did not blow me away. But, I would love an update on this model’s chest. Did she get scratched? Is she irritated? Beauty is pain, but there’s no way this didn’t chafe.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Ludovic de Saint Sernin

The shredded details on this crystal-embellished mini take it to a whole new level. Which celeb will wear this first?

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Uma Wang

This monochrome look by Uma Wang was made infinitely better by the inclusion of the oversized hat.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Valentino

You guys, I’m done talking about the color yellow. I do love this shirtdress-to-gown moment, though.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Valentino

This minty mini was the ultimate palette cleanser at Valentino. Not a fan of the styling, though.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Valentino

These cutouts spanned the collection, but they looked their best on this sparkly purple maxi.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Valentino

I can’t explain it, I’m just passionately in love with it.

 

STYLECASTER | Paris Fashion Week SS22

iMaxTree.

Victoria Thomas

With this, Thomas delivered what was easily the best suit of Paris Fashion Week, bar none.

 

StyleCaster newsletter

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario