Translate

martes, 24 de agosto de 2021

These Impressive Faux Plants Will Fool Your Green-Thumbed Friends

I know it may not be very “millennial” of me, but I am a proud owner of several artificial plants. Sure, I’ve owned my fair share of “real” plants to liven up my poorly lit studio apartment throughout the years, but it became clear very quickly, that I do not have a green thumb. Aside from my apparent inability to keep even a low-maintenance succulent alive, house plants also seem to attract gross little bugs surrounding the pot.

Then there’s the labor of having to de-pot the rotting tree — what a nightmare. Alas, two years ago I swallowed my pride and decided to embark on a quest to find the best faux plants so that I could add some foolproof greenery to my space without my snobbish friends judging me for my inability to adult. And, I have to say my findings have left my house guests impressed. Even the maintenance man at my apartment unit complimented my artificial banana leaf plant (he was actually stunned that it was in fact, not real).

From a financial point of view, I also find faux plants to be a better home decor investment. Frankly, buying real plants can be rather pricey, and while their faux counterparts (at least, the good ones) aren’t exactly cheap, at least they don’t rot, die or require care. For someone low maintenance (or lazy) like myself, shelling out a few extra bucks for an immortal plant that doesn’t need me to feed it and give it the light it needs to thrive is one hundred percent worth it. The caveat here is that not all artificial plants are created equal.

Some of them look like they belong in a child’s playhouse or arrive with crumpled leaves that won’t go back into their “natural” state. Fortunately, I consider myself a pro at spotting a solid fake tree that will trick all of your friends into thinking you have green fingers, so you give your place some botanical flavor without having to fuss over its wellbeing.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario