Translate

lunes, 22 de enero de 2018

Demi Lovato Vows to Stop ‘Food Shaming’ Herself in Empowering Tweets

Good or bad, Demi Lovato has always been open and honest about her body with her fans. So when the 25-year-old singer was feeling “gross” on a photoshoot recently, she knew she couldn’t keep quiet and had to voice her emotions with her millions of followers in an effort to stop them from “food shaming” themselves, too.

On Friday, the “Sorry Not Sorry” singer posted a series of empowering tweets on how she’s gained weight since she quit dieting, but chooses to love her body regardless. Lovato was inspired to tweet after feeling “gross” at a photoshoot, but motivated to accept her body for what it is because of the love and support from her fans.

“Feeling gross today at a photo shoot but I’m choosing to accept what I see because I love myself for who I am and your love and support gets me through moments like this,” Lovato tweeted. “If you’re struggling as well, don’t forget.. if I can do it, you can too!”

https://twitter.com/ddlovato/status/954448049555714048

MORE: How Demi Lovato Wants to Help Shatter Unrealistic Body Standards For Women

Lovato continued by revealing that she’s quit dieting recently to rid herself of the “chronic stress” she associated with food. And though she admitted she’s gained a few pounds since the change, she suggested that she’s in a healthier and happier place, and encourages her followers to stop “food shaming” themselves, too.

“No longer depriving myself of treats (in moderation) and I’m not gonna lie, I put on a couple lbs since I’ve given up dieting,” she tweeted. “BUT I’ve given up the chronic stress of what I eat because I don’t want to set that example for my fans. No more food shaming myself!!”

https://twitter.com/ddlovato/status/954449127101747200

MORE: Demi Lovato’s Skin Care Routine Includes a Product Just for Her Freckles

And while Lovato notes that she’s going to enjoy treats in “moderation,” her mindset and newfound control over food is empowering, and something everyone can learn from.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario