Translate

miércoles, 15 de julio de 2020

Kitschy Fruit Jewelry Is All Over Instagram & I’m Fully Embracing It

I’ve never had a particularly kitschy fashion sense, but lately, accessorizing with a bit of whimsy just brings me joy—hence why I’m leaning into 2020’s fruit jewelry trend so damn hard. Somewhere between the cottagecore/picnic aesthetic and the classic Girl Next Door exists a perfect blend of the two: The Girl Next Door Who Owns Too Many Plants, Has A Window Sill Garden & Wears Fruit Jewelry. Ladies and gentlemen, I’m happy to announce that I am she. She is me. We are one.

But to be clear, I’m not the only one in love with the look. After luxury brands like Mercedes Salazar debuted fun, fruity accessories for summer (I’ve been dreaming about their Tropics Strawberry Earrings for months) and Insta-famous brands like Et Toi Paris littered my Explore Page with cutesy fruitsy jewelry, it seemed the trend was everywhere—and don’t even get me started about the amount of fruit jewelry on Etsy. It’s not to be believed, y’all. Whether or not you think a salad complements your meal, a fruit-themed accessory can and will complement your outfit, so don’t hesitate to try the trend out.

STYLECASTER | fruit jewelry

Bella Gerard.

My personal recommendation for cute statement fruit jewelry that doesn’t look cheesy? I’ve been loving UK-based brand I’MMANY London‘s Summer Capsule ’20, full of strawberries, grapes and the like. I’MMANY’s collection is about as chic as produce-themed jewelry can get, and the star of the show are undoubtedly their wide array of cherry earrings. You can shop single-drop stems or two-cherry earrings, and choose from a classic red hue to more playful colorways like iridescent lilac, pink and light gray.

STYLECASTER | fruit jewelry

Bella Gerard.

Besides the gold-plated brass brass stems, the coloring on the Double Cherry Drop Earrings looks so realistic—like, it almost looks as if I went to the grocery store and Michael’s and DIY’d these babies myself. While cherries can sometimes look a little too retro or kitschy, these are actually super classy, and I especially love the idea of pairing them with an all-white outfit, a reddish lip stain and some faux freckles for good measure.

STYLECASTER | fruit jewelry

Bella Gerard.

A slightly smaller statement that’s just as sweet is the Red Strawberry Huggie Hoop Earring, sold singular so that you can mix and match with I’MMANY’s other huggie hoops, should you choose to. Fruit jewelry is already as bold as I’ll go, so I played it safe with two red strawberries, but there are also sweet little leaves and berries of all sorts of colors to choose from. My favorite part? That itty-bitty pearl detail at the top, of course.

STYLECASTER | fruit jewelry

Bella Gerard.

If you’re ready to spice up your neutral summer wardrobe with a few statement accessories, the fruit jewelry trend is the move, and I can’t recommend I’MMANY London’s selection enough. Did I mention they also have a Garden Society Collection full of even more produce? Suddenly, I’m in need of a red pepper necklace and a lettuce leaf charm bracelet. Somebody stop me.

StyleCaster Banner Newsletter

Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.

A version of this article appeared in 2019.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario